Obama will win second term: Bill Clinton
New York: Former US president Bill Clinton has expressed confidence about President Barack Obama winning a second term in office, and has especially praised his government’s economic policies.
“I think Barack Obama will be the next President,” Bill Clinton said without hesitation in a new Esquire interview.
“I think he will win,” he added
Americans may be impatient with the pace of the recovery from the Great Recession, but “they will conclude that it takes a long time to get out of the kind of economic distress were in,” ABC News quoted Clinton, as saying.
The public understands Obama inherited an economic meltdown from George W Bush and that the Republicans are offering more of the same failed policies, Clinton said.
Voters also understand that Obama’s “policies are more likely to move us out of that than if they give the White House and the Congress to a party that will give them more of what they just had,” Clinton said.
“He’s going to have a very strong national-security record to run on,” said Clinton.
“We’re living in a time when the Republicans have only pushed harder and harder to the right,” he said.
Clinton also praised current House Speaker John Boehner, an Ohio Republican, as a man with “good sense”.
The former president’s rosy re-election prediction was music to the ears of Obama, who was back in the Big Apple on Thursday for a trio of star-studded campaign fund-raisers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH