Obama-Xi pic has uncanny resemblance of cartoon characters
Beijing/Washington: A recent photo of US President Barack Obama and his new Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping that resembles an illustration of Winnie the Pooh and Tigger has gone viral on the Internet.
The picture shows the two leaders, in casual clothing, strolling during their first summit at Sunnylands, a picturesque desert resort in Southern California on Sunday.
It swiftly stormed Weibo, China`s version of Twitter after an user compared it to a picture of the chubby sweet-toothed bear and his bouncing tiger pal in an almost identical pose.
The picture was quickly removed due to China`s strict censorship laws, media reports said.
The two-day informal presidential summit, held just four months after Xi took office, was meant to launch a "new model" of close relationship between the two leaders.
Obama, 51, and Xi, 59, spent eight hours together and a candle-lit dinner and held several rounds of meetings and discussed a range of bilateral, regional and global issues.
They talked about North Korea, climate and cyber security issues.
Obama also gifted to Xi a custom-designed park bench. The bench is inscribed on the front with the dates of this visit, and, in Mandarin, the fact that the bench is made of California redwood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress