Obama`s accepting of Nobel Prize `cynical`: Fidel Castro
Havana: Fidel Castro is calling President Barack Obama`s accepting of the Nobel Peace Prize a "cynical act”, given that he is sending 30,000 more US troops to Afghanistan.
The 83-year-old former Cuban leader initially applauded Obama`s selection, but he has backed off that recently.
In a column on a government Web site on Wednesday, Castro wrote: "Why did Obama accept the Nobel Peace Prize when he had already decided to take the war in Afghanistan to its ultimate limit?"
Castro said Obama "was not obligated to commit a cynical act" by accepting the prize.
He said Obama`s December 1 speech during which he announced that additional US forces would go to Afghanistan gave him the "impression of listening to George W Bush”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi