Obama`s accepting of Nobel Prize `cynical`: Fidel Castro
Havana: Fidel Castro is calling President Barack Obama`s accepting of the Nobel Peace Prize a "cynical act”, given that he is sending 30,000 more US troops to Afghanistan.
The 83-year-old former Cuban leader initially applauded Obama`s selection, but he has backed off that recently.
In a column on a government Web site on Wednesday, Castro wrote: "Why did Obama accept the Nobel Peace Prize when he had already decided to take the war in Afghanistan to its ultimate limit?"
Castro said Obama "was not obligated to commit a cynical act" by accepting the prize.
He said Obama`s December 1 speech during which he announced that additional US forces would go to Afghanistan gave him the "impression of listening to George W Bush”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report