Obama`s approval rating dips with rising gas prices
Washington: The approval rating of US President Barack Obama has dropped significantly with the increase in gasoline prices, according to two separate opinion polls.
"In the new poll, 46 per cent approve of the way Obama is handling his job, while 50 per cent disapprove. That`s a mirror image of his 50 to 46 positive split in early February," said the latest opinion poll released by The Washington Post-ABC News.
Obama poll rating "sinks to a new low" reported The New York Times-CBS News poll here yesterday, adding that the drop may be partially attributable to rising gas prices.
"Just 41 per cent of Americans approve of the job Obama is doing as President," according to the poll, conducted from March 7 to 11.
Another 47 per cent disapprove of his performance, up from 41 per cent last month.
Obama`s approval rating was 50 per cent last month, said The New York Times-CBS news poll.
However, Gallup poll in its latest survey said that Obama`s approval rating has improved.
"Obama`s job approval rating was at 43 per cent as last
week began. His rating improved to 48 per cent by mid-week
before rising to 49 per cent over the weekend, suggesting that
he was on the upswing even before Friday`s jobs report," it
Gallup said Obama appears to have benefited from
Americans` significantly improved view of the national
economy, including the positive jobs report released on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row