Obama`s approval rating dips with rising gas prices
Washington: The approval rating of US President Barack Obama has dropped significantly with the increase in gasoline prices, according to two separate opinion polls.
"In the new poll, 46 per cent approve of the way Obama is handling his job, while 50 per cent disapprove. That`s a mirror image of his 50 to 46 positive split in early February," said the latest opinion poll released by The Washington Post-ABC News.
Obama poll rating "sinks to a new low" reported The New York Times-CBS News poll here yesterday, adding that the drop may be partially attributable to rising gas prices.
"Just 41 per cent of Americans approve of the job Obama is doing as President," according to the poll, conducted from March 7 to 11.
Another 47 per cent disapprove of his performance, up from 41 per cent last month.
Obama`s approval rating was 50 per cent last month, said The New York Times-CBS news poll.
However, Gallup poll in its latest survey said that Obama`s approval rating has improved.
"Obama`s job approval rating was at 43 per cent as last
week began. His rating improved to 48 per cent by mid-week
before rising to 49 per cent over the weekend, suggesting that
he was on the upswing even before Friday`s jobs report," it
Gallup said Obama appears to have benefited from
Americans` significantly improved view of the national
economy, including the positive jobs report released on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands