Obama’s approval, trust ratings suffer severe drops: Poll
Washington: President Barack Obama`s approval and trust numbers have dropped sharply among Americans in the past one month, a new poll has found.
According to a new CNN/ORC International Poll, Obama`s approval was down eight points from May, to 45 percent from 53 percent.
The poll found that 54 percent of Americans now disapproved of the president`s performance, up from nine point CNN`s polling in May.
For the first time in his presidency, the poll also found less than half of respondents believed that Obama was honest, Politico reports.
Nearly 49 percent of those surveyed said he was honest and trustworthy, a drop of nine points from last month.
The drop in support for Obama was especially steep among young voters and independents.
Obama`s approval numbers dropped 17 points among voters aged between 18 and 29, CNN`s polling director said.
The poll was conducted after revelations about National Security Agency surveillance ofAmericans and ongoing coverage of reports about the IRS targeting political groups, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"