Obama’s approval, trust ratings suffer severe drops: Poll
Washington: President Barack Obama`s approval and trust numbers have dropped sharply among Americans in the past one month, a new poll has found.
According to a new CNN/ORC International Poll, Obama`s approval was down eight points from May, to 45 percent from 53 percent.
The poll found that 54 percent of Americans now disapproved of the president`s performance, up from nine point CNN`s polling in May.
For the first time in his presidency, the poll also found less than half of respondents believed that Obama was honest, Politico reports.
Nearly 49 percent of those surveyed said he was honest and trustworthy, a drop of nine points from last month.
The drop in support for Obama was especially steep among young voters and independents.
Obama`s approval numbers dropped 17 points among voters aged between 18 and 29, CNN`s polling director said.
The poll was conducted after revelations about National Security Agency surveillance ofAmericans and ongoing coverage of reports about the IRS targeting political groups, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj