Obama’s approval, trust ratings suffer severe drops: Poll
Washington: President Barack Obama`s approval and trust numbers have dropped sharply among Americans in the past one month, a new poll has found.
According to a new CNN/ORC International Poll, Obama`s approval was down eight points from May, to 45 percent from 53 percent.
The poll found that 54 percent of Americans now disapproved of the president`s performance, up from nine point CNN`s polling in May.
For the first time in his presidency, the poll also found less than half of respondents believed that Obama was honest, Politico reports.
Nearly 49 percent of those surveyed said he was honest and trustworthy, a drop of nine points from last month.
The drop in support for Obama was especially steep among young voters and independents.
Obama`s approval numbers dropped 17 points among voters aged between 18 and 29, CNN`s polling director said.
The poll was conducted after revelations about National Security Agency surveillance ofAmericans and ongoing coverage of reports about the IRS targeting political groups, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference