Obama’s approval, trust ratings suffer severe drops: Poll
Washington: President Barack Obama`s approval and trust numbers have dropped sharply among Americans in the past one month, a new poll has found.
According to a new CNN/ORC International Poll, Obama`s approval was down eight points from May, to 45 percent from 53 percent.
The poll found that 54 percent of Americans now disapproved of the president`s performance, up from nine point CNN`s polling in May.
For the first time in his presidency, the poll also found less than half of respondents believed that Obama was honest, Politico reports.
Nearly 49 percent of those surveyed said he was honest and trustworthy, a drop of nine points from last month.
The drop in support for Obama was especially steep among young voters and independents.
Obama`s approval numbers dropped 17 points among voters aged between 18 and 29, CNN`s polling director said.
The poll was conducted after revelations about National Security Agency surveillance ofAmericans and ongoing coverage of reports about the IRS targeting political groups, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail