Obama`s Chief of Staff expected to leave White House
Washington: Rahm Emanuel, the White
House Chief of Staff, is expected to leave his post soon to
run for the Mayor of Chicago, media reports said on Tuesday.
"Rahm is nearing a decision on whether to leave the
White House and explore a run for Mayor of Chicago an
announcement could come as early as Friday," a person close to
Emanuel was quoted as saying by the Politico.
No final decision has been made because of family
considerations, he said.
In an interview to NBC news channel yesterday, US
President Barack Obama said that Emanuel needed to make his
decision fast if he wanted to run for the mayor of Chicago.
"I think that Rahm will have to make a decision
quickly, because running for mayor of Chicago is a serious
enterprise. And I know this is something he`s thinking about,"
Early this month, Obama had told the ABC news that
Emanuel would be an excellent mayor.
The Washington Post said Emanuel has been expected to
pursue the Chicago job since Mayor Richard M Daley announced
earlier this month that he would not run next year for a
Emanuel along with his family had spent nearly two
weeks in India last December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?