Obama`s grandma injured after car rolls in Kenya
Nairobi: A relative of Barack Obama says the
president`s step-grandmother suffered minor injuries after a
car she was travelling in rolled over.
The relative today said that Sarah Obama was travelling to
her home in the village of Kogelo, in western Kenya, when the
accident happened on Saturday night.
He said the vehicle lost control and rolled as the driver
attempted to overtake a truck near the Kisumu airport. The
relative asked not to be named because he is not authorised to
speak for the family.
Sarah Obama is the second wife of Obama`s paternal
grandfather. Obama referred to her as "Granny" in his memoir,
"Dreams from My Father," and described meeting her during his
1988 trip to his father`s homeland and their awkwardness as
they struggled to communicate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy