Obama`s grandma injured after car rolls in Kenya
Nairobi: A relative of Barack Obama says the
president`s step-grandmother suffered minor injuries after a
car she was travelling in rolled over.
The relative today said that Sarah Obama was travelling to
her home in the village of Kogelo, in western Kenya, when the
accident happened on Saturday night.
He said the vehicle lost control and rolled as the driver
attempted to overtake a truck near the Kisumu airport. The
relative asked not to be named because he is not authorised to
speak for the family.
Sarah Obama is the second wife of Obama`s paternal
grandfather. Obama referred to her as "Granny" in his memoir,
"Dreams from My Father," and described meeting her during his
1988 trip to his father`s homeland and their awkwardness as
they struggled to communicate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report