Obama’s ‘horses and bayonets’ joke on Romney goes viral
Washington: President Barack Obama’s ‘horses and bayonets’ comment attacking Republican rival Mitt Romney’s comment, that the US ‘Navy is smaller now than at any time since 1917’, has gone viral on Twitter.
The hashtag #horsesandbayonets became the number one trend on Twitter in the US and third in the world.
At one point, the phrase was mentioned on Twitter nearly 60,000 times in one minute, according to data from Tospy, a social web analytics tool.
The Obama campaign capitalized on the traffic, buying the search term ‘Bayonets’ on Twitter, the Huffington Post reports.
According to the report, within minutes of Obama’s comment, a ‘Horses and Bayonets’ Tumblr featuring GIFs and images went live, and a ‘Horses and Bayonets’ Facebook page had more than 3,000 likes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head