Obama’s ‘horses and bayonets’ joke on Romney goes viral
Washington: President Barack Obama’s ‘horses and bayonets’ comment attacking Republican rival Mitt Romney’s comment, that the US ‘Navy is smaller now than at any time since 1917’, has gone viral on Twitter.
The hashtag #horsesandbayonets became the number one trend on Twitter in the US and third in the world.
At one point, the phrase was mentioned on Twitter nearly 60,000 times in one minute, according to data from Tospy, a social web analytics tool.
The Obama campaign capitalized on the traffic, buying the search term ‘Bayonets’ on Twitter, the Huffington Post reports.
According to the report, within minutes of Obama’s comment, a ‘Horses and Bayonets’ Tumblr featuring GIFs and images went live, and a ‘Horses and Bayonets’ Facebook page had more than 3,000 likes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you