Obama’s ‘horses and bayonets’ joke on Romney goes viral
Washington: President Barack Obama’s ‘horses and bayonets’ comment attacking Republican rival Mitt Romney’s comment, that the US ‘Navy is smaller now than at any time since 1917’, has gone viral on Twitter.
The hashtag #horsesandbayonets became the number one trend on Twitter in the US and third in the world.
At one point, the phrase was mentioned on Twitter nearly 60,000 times in one minute, according to data from Tospy, a social web analytics tool.
The Obama campaign capitalized on the traffic, buying the search term ‘Bayonets’ on Twitter, the Huffington Post reports.
According to the report, within minutes of Obama’s comment, a ‘Horses and Bayonets’ Tumblr featuring GIFs and images went live, and a ‘Horses and Bayonets’ Facebook page had more than 3,000 likes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack