Obama’s ‘horses and bayonets’ joke on Romney goes viral
Washington: President Barack Obama’s ‘horses and bayonets’ comment attacking Republican rival Mitt Romney’s comment, that the US ‘Navy is smaller now than at any time since 1917’, has gone viral on Twitter.
The hashtag #horsesandbayonets became the number one trend on Twitter in the US and third in the world.
At one point, the phrase was mentioned on Twitter nearly 60,000 times in one minute, according to data from Tospy, a social web analytics tool.
The Obama campaign capitalized on the traffic, buying the search term ‘Bayonets’ on Twitter, the Huffington Post reports.
According to the report, within minutes of Obama’s comment, a ‘Horses and Bayonets’ Tumblr featuring GIFs and images went live, and a ‘Horses and Bayonets’ Facebook page had more than 3,000 likes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'