Obama`s job approval rating dips to 44%
Washington: The job approval rating of US President Barack Obama has dipped further to a new low of 44 per cent for the week of August 9 to 15, the latest Gallup poll has said.
The drop in Obama`s weekly average was driven by particularly low ratings near the end of the week, with record-low three-day rolling averages of 42 per cent for August 12-14 and August 13-15 polling, it said.
"Prior to this weekend, Obama`s three-day low had been
44 percent. Additionally, Obama`s disapproval rating reached
50 per cent for the first time in the August 13-15 average,"
Obama visited Florida`s Gulf Coast over the weekend as
part of a vacation with his family, while his comments about the construction of a mosque near ground zero in New York City
became a much-debated topic in the news media and on the Internet.
"As is usually the case, the impact of these or other
news events on the President`s approval ratings is difficult
to disentangle," it said.
Gallup said Obama`s ratings in the low 40 per cent
range are not unusual in historical context.
All presidents since Lyndon Johnson have suffered
ratings below 40 per cent at points in their presidencies,
with several falling below 30 per cent.
Presidents Carter, Reagan and Clinton were -- like
Obama -- in the low 40 per cent range during August of the
second year of their presidencies.
President George Bush left office in January 2009 with
a 34 per cent approval rating, Gallup said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!