Obama`s limousine can move on with tyres blown off
London: US President Barack Obama`s limousine, nicknamed The Beast by Secret Service staff, is the most technologically-advanced bulletproof vehicle on earth.
It will carry Obama around during his visit to Britain and Ireland this week.
The black Cadillac, weighing three tonnes, can run at a top speed of just 60 miles per hour. Driven by an expert CIA agent, it has wheels that carry on even if the tyres are blown off, Daily Express reported on Monday.
The armour-plated car is fitted with every conceivable defence mechanism, from super-thick bulletproof glass to tear gas canisters and pump-action shot guns.
Valued GBP 185,000 (USD 300,000), this special car is said to be built in such a way that it can withstand attack from rocket-propelled grenades.
There are supplies of Obama`s blood on board in case he is shot and needs an emergency transfusion. The car is also equipped with state-of-the-art communication technology so the President can effectively run the US from the rear seat.
At the touch of a button, Obama, shielded behind 10-inch thick bulletproof doors, has access to a laptop with wireless Internet, a satellite phone and a direct line to Vice President Joe Biden and the chiefs of staff in the Pentagon.
In case Obama wants to relax, he can pick from an array of CDs on the entertainment system, which includes an iPod dock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day