Obamas maintain low profile on 21st wedding anniversary post govt shutdown
New York: Barack Obama and his wife Michelle Obama had to forgo a romantic wedding anniversary outing due to the unpredictable shutdown of the US government.
The couple, who are celebrating their 21st year of marriage, opted for a night in following the political upheaval and frightening security scare in the District, the New York Daily News reported.
However, Obama did mention the occasion on his official Instagram page by posting a pic of the bride and groom with the caption "You and I".
The couple, who tied the knot in 1992, spent their previous anniversaries at the Blue Duck Tavern at Washington`s Park Hyatt hotel in 2009, and Restaurant Eve in Alexandria, Va., in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read