Obamas maintain low profile on 21st wedding anniversary post govt shutdown
New York: Barack Obama and his wife Michelle Obama had to forgo a romantic wedding anniversary outing due to the unpredictable shutdown of the US government.
The couple, who are celebrating their 21st year of marriage, opted for a night in following the political upheaval and frightening security scare in the District, the New York Daily News reported.
However, Obama did mention the occasion on his official Instagram page by posting a pic of the bride and groom with the caption "You and I".
The couple, who tied the knot in 1992, spent their previous anniversaries at the Blue Duck Tavern at Washington`s Park Hyatt hotel in 2009, and Restaurant Eve in Alexandria, Va., in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez