Obama`s playboy father was forced to leave Harvard
Boston: Even before the dust could settle on the controversy over US President Barack Obama`s birth certificate, new documents about his father have emerged claiming that Obama senior was forced to leave Harvard university amid concerns about his playboy ways.
Obama senior, a PhD candidate at Harvard, was forced to
since the administrators were alarmed at the number of women
in his life and his financial difficulties.
Documents obtained by weekly newspaper The Arizona
Independent from the United States Citizenship and Immigration
Service (USCIS) through a Freedom of Information Act show that
Harvard wanted "to try and cook something up to ease him
(Barack Obama senior) out" since school administrators "were
having difficulty with his financial arrangements and couldn`t
seem to figure out how many wives he had."
The documents also show that Harvard officials considered Obama senior to be a "slippery character."
According to federal immigration records, the senior Obama
was forced to leave the university in 1964 before he could
complete his doctorate in economics.
He was denied an extension on his student visa in July
1964 partly because Harvard University sought his removal.
Obama senior had to leave the US since he became an
illegal alien after his visa expired.
The report comes a day after President Obama, himself a
Harvard Law School graduate, released his long-form birth
certificate as a proof that he was born in the US.
According to a May 1964 memo in Obama senior`s Immigration
and Naturalisation Service (INS) file, an immigration official
noted that Obama had passed his exams and was entitled to stay
and complete the requirements for a PhD in economics.
However Harvard administrators, including the chairman of
the economics department, tried to "ease him out....They are
planning on telling him that they will not give him any money
and that he had better return to Kenya and prepare his thesis
at home," a Boston Globe report, quoting the immigration
Later, an immigration inspector recorded in a memo that
Harvard had asked the INS to hold up on Obama`s request for an
extension of his stay.
An investigator, M F McKeon, wrote "They (Harvard
officials) weren`t very impressed with him and asked us to
hold up action on his application until they decided what
action they could take in order to get rid of him."
The then director of Harvard`s International Office David
Henry advised Obama in a May letter that he had three weeks to
make the necessary preparations to return to Nairobi.
Obama was compelled to leave the country in July 1964.
The CIS investigated the elder Obama as a polygamist,
having a wife in Kenya and a "wife and child in Honolulu."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family