Obama`s playboy father was forced to leave Harvard
Boston: Even before the dust could settle on the controversy over US President Barack Obama`s birth certificate, new documents about his father have emerged claiming that Obama senior was forced to leave Harvard university amid concerns about his playboy ways.
Obama senior, a PhD candidate at Harvard, was forced to
since the administrators were alarmed at the number of women
in his life and his financial difficulties.
Documents obtained by weekly newspaper The Arizona
Independent from the United States Citizenship and Immigration
Service (USCIS) through a Freedom of Information Act show that
Harvard wanted "to try and cook something up to ease him
(Barack Obama senior) out" since school administrators "were
having difficulty with his financial arrangements and couldn`t
seem to figure out how many wives he had."
The documents also show that Harvard officials considered Obama senior to be a "slippery character."
According to federal immigration records, the senior Obama
was forced to leave the university in 1964 before he could
complete his doctorate in economics.
He was denied an extension on his student visa in July
1964 partly because Harvard University sought his removal.
Obama senior had to leave the US since he became an
illegal alien after his visa expired.
The report comes a day after President Obama, himself a
Harvard Law School graduate, released his long-form birth
certificate as a proof that he was born in the US.
According to a May 1964 memo in Obama senior`s Immigration
and Naturalisation Service (INS) file, an immigration official
noted that Obama had passed his exams and was entitled to stay
and complete the requirements for a PhD in economics.
However Harvard administrators, including the chairman of
the economics department, tried to "ease him out....They are
planning on telling him that they will not give him any money
and that he had better return to Kenya and prepare his thesis
at home," a Boston Globe report, quoting the immigration
Later, an immigration inspector recorded in a memo that
Harvard had asked the INS to hold up on Obama`s request for an
extension of his stay.
An investigator, M F McKeon, wrote "They (Harvard
officials) weren`t very impressed with him and asked us to
hold up action on his application until they decided what
action they could take in order to get rid of him."
The then director of Harvard`s International Office David
Henry advised Obama in a May letter that he had three weeks to
make the necessary preparations to return to Nairobi.
Obama was compelled to leave the country in July 1964.
The CIS investigated the elder Obama as a polygamist,
having a wife in Kenya and a "wife and child in Honolulu."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra