`Obama`s re-election not to influence Iranian N-programme`
Tehran: Iran has said the re-election of Barack Obama as the US president will not influence Tehran`s nuclear programme, Xinhua reported.
According to Iran`s deputy foreign minister Hassan Qashqavi, the wall of distrust between the US and Iran will continue to exist unless Washington changes its policies, reported Press TV Friday.
The minister said, however, if the Americans decide to change their policies, "we can wait and see how events turn out".
He said Iran respects the American nation`s vote, which indicates that they are not in favour of the extremist policies advocated by certain individuals.
On Thursday, an Iranian foreign ministry spokesperson said recognition of the nuclear rights of the Islamic republic by the US would build trust in bilateral relations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam