`Obama`s re-election not to influence Iranian N-programme`
Tehran: Iran has said the re-election of Barack Obama as the US president will not influence Tehran`s nuclear programme, Xinhua reported.
According to Iran`s deputy foreign minister Hassan Qashqavi, the wall of distrust between the US and Iran will continue to exist unless Washington changes its policies, reported Press TV Friday.
The minister said, however, if the Americans decide to change their policies, "we can wait and see how events turn out".
He said Iran respects the American nation`s vote, which indicates that they are not in favour of the extremist policies advocated by certain individuals.
On Thursday, an Iranian foreign ministry spokesperson said recognition of the nuclear rights of the Islamic republic by the US would build trust in bilateral relations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'