Obama’s speech: 8 in 10 Americans OK proposals
Washington: Eight in ten Americans have approved of the proposals President Barack Obama made in his State of the Union speech on Wednesday, according to a new poll.
An instant poll conducted by CBS News and Knowledge Networks found that 83 percent of speech watchers approve Obama’s proposals, while 17 percent disapprove them.
It also revealed that 70 percent of speech watchers think that Obama shares the same priorities for the country as they do. Only 57 percent thought so before the speech.
On the question of creating jobs, 59 percent now think that Obama has a clear plan for creating them, while only 40 percent thought so earlier.
Following the speech, 72 percent people approve of Obama`s plans for dealing with government spending, while 28 percent disapprove.
According to the survey, 56 percent Americans think Obama`s economic plans will reduce the budget deficit in the long run, and 71 percent believe they will help ordinary Americans.
Still, just 42 percent of speech watchers think that Barack Obama will be able to accomplish all the goals he set out in his speech, while 57 percent do not think he will be able to.
522 speech watchers participated in the poll. The margin of error was 4 percent.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on