Obama`s State of the Union address gets mostly positive reactions
Washington: Reactions to President Barack Obama`s State of the Union address on Tuesday were largely positive among those who watched the speech, a new poll has found.
According to instant polling conducted by CNN/ORC, 77 percent of viewers had a somewhat or very positive view of the address as compared to 22 percent who had a negative response.
The poll found that at the end of the speech, 71 percent said Obama`s policies would move the country in the right direction, up from 65 percent earlier in the evening.
More specifically, 70 percent of respondents said that Obama`s policies on guns would move the country in the right direction, up from 61 percent pre-speech, the Huffington Post reports.
Nearly 44 percent of the network`s sample was Democratic, and just 17 percent was Republican, making it 12 points more Democratic than the American population.
The instant poll`s results are comparable to CNN`s previous surveys following Obama`s past State of the Union speeches, 53 percent of respondents gave the president `very positive` reviews this year, falling between the 48 percent he garnered in 2010 and the 68 percent in 2009, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened