Obama`s State of the Union speech on January 25
Washington: President Barack Obama`s annual State of the Union address, when he will lay out his legislative priorities for the year, is to be on January 25.
House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner set the date in an invitation on Tuesday to Obama to address a joint session of the Congress.
"As many great challenges lie ahead for our nation, we welcome an opportunity to hear your proposals," Boehner said in the invitation to Obama.
The State of the Union address is typically the biggest speech of the year for the president, one in which he lays out what he hopes to get done in the coming year.
Obama faces the challenge this year of working with the Republican-led House and a greater Republican minority in the Senate, possibly forcing him to scale back his ambitions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional