Obama`s State of the Union speech on January 25
Washington: President Barack Obama`s annual State of the Union address, when he will lay out his legislative priorities for the year, is to be on January 25.
House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner set the date in an invitation on Tuesday to Obama to address a joint session of the Congress.
"As many great challenges lie ahead for our nation, we welcome an opportunity to hear your proposals," Boehner said in the invitation to Obama.
The State of the Union address is typically the biggest speech of the year for the president, one in which he lays out what he hopes to get done in the coming year.
Obama faces the challenge this year of working with the Republican-led House and a greater Republican minority in the Senate, possibly forcing him to scale back his ambitions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!