Obama`s State of the Union speech on January 25
Washington: President Barack Obama`s annual State of the Union address, when he will lay out his legislative priorities for the year, is to be on January 25.
House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner set the date in an invitation on Tuesday to Obama to address a joint session of the Congress.
"As many great challenges lie ahead for our nation, we welcome an opportunity to hear your proposals," Boehner said in the invitation to Obama.
The State of the Union address is typically the biggest speech of the year for the president, one in which he lays out what he hopes to get done in the coming year.
Obama faces the challenge this year of working with the Republican-led House and a greater Republican minority in the Senate, possibly forcing him to scale back his ambitions.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani