Obamas to meet the royal couple on UK state visit
London: President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle will meet with Prince William and the former Kate Middleton on Tuesday during their state visit to Britain, Buckingham Palace said.
A palace official, speaking in condition of anonymity in line with palace policy, says the Obamas will meet the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in an informal setting just before the official welcome from Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip.
The royal couple, who have recently returned from the Seychelles after a 10-day honeymoon, were not originally on the president`s schedule.
The President and his wife did not attend the recent royal wedding, so the visit will give them an opportunity to congratulate the couple in person.
The Obamas arrived in Britain late Monday — only the third state visit by a U.S. president to the Britain in 100 years. His trip comes as Britain and America on issues cooperate closely on issues ranging from Libya to Afghanistan, counter-terrorism and the Middle East peace process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company