Obama’s victory post most retweeted of all time
New York: A tweet sent by the Obama campaign as it celebrated the President`s victory in the White House race was the most retweeted post of all time, the micro blogging platform has said.
“Four more years,” the campaign tweeted on Election Night with a photo of the President hugging First Lady Michelle Obama.
According to Twitter, the tweet, posted shortly before Obama took the stage for his victory speech, was retweeted over 810,000 times by people in more than 200 countries around the world, the New York Daily News reports.
Justin Bieber sent the second most popular tweet of 2012. A touching post marking the death of six-year-old fan Avalanna Routh, the paper said.
“RIP Avalanna. I love you,” Bieber wrote after Routh lost her battle with brain cancer in September.
That post was retweeted over 220,000 times, Twitter said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened