Obama`s visit to Israel has no preconditions: Envoy
Jerusalem: US President Barack Obama`s visit to Israel next month will be made without any preconditions, the American ambassador to Israel said Wednesday.
White House officials said Tuesday that Obama will visit Israel in his first trip abroad during his second term.
Obama did not make an official visit to Israel during his first term as president, Xinhua reported.
In an interview to local news outlets, US Ambassador to Israel Dan Shapiro said Obama`s visit will not necessitate any prior conditions.
"The president`s visit will strengthen the ties between Israel and the US," Shapiro told Israel Radio.
"The US has a special bond with Israel," he added.
Shapiro said the purpose of the visit was to coordinate Israeli and US positions on several key issues, including the situation in Syria, the Iranian nuclear issue and the stalled peace process between Israel and the Palestinians.
"Obama is coming so soon after the US and Israeli elections because it`s best to start working on those topics as soon as possible," Shapiro said.
Obama`s visit will also include stops in other countries of the region, including Turkey, Egypt and Saudi Arabia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites