Obama`s way of getting job done in Syria matters more than style: White House
Washington: President Barack Obama`s approach to the use of chemical weapons in Syria may not have won any `style` points, but has got the job done, the White House has argued.
Press secretary Jay Carney said that the positions Obama took helped produce the result seen today, which includes at the possibility of not needing to use military response to respond to Bashar al-Assad`s regime.
He said that the approach is far more significant than assessments about how it looked as it unfolded, Politico reports.
According to the report, he said that the president has been consistent from the beginning, adding that a lot has changed for the better - actions are what matter.
Obama took a similar position this weekend, telling ABC News that he was less concerned about style points, but much more concerned about getting the policy right, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof