Occupy Sydney protesters take to the streets
Sydney: Hundreds of Occupy Sydney protesters have taken to the streets of Australia`s largest city amid a heavy police presence.
The activists, who are part of a worldwide protest against corporate greed, have vowed to reoccupy a pedestrian mall in the heart of Sydney`s central business district. They converged on Town Hall on Saturday bearing banners with slogans such as "You can`t eat money" and "Stop police brutality."
There was a significant police presence at the rally, with riot squad officers, mounted police and two police trucks on standby.
Last month, police were accused of using excessive force after 40 protesters were arrested in a dawn raid that ended the group`s weeklong protest at the mall, known as Martin Place, which is home to several banks and other corporations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you