Officer arrested, linked to suspect bag: Namibia
Windhoek: Namibia`s police chief says a senior officer has been arrested, linked to a suspicious bag that turned out to be a harmless airport security testing device.
The Namibian Press Association quoted chief Sebastian Ndeitunga as telling reporters on Saturday the suspect has not been charged and will appear in court on Monday. Ndeitunga did not elaborate on what the officer is believed to done. German, American and Namibian police continue to investigate.
The device did not contain explosives, but airport security did not know that when it was discovered on Wednesday at Windhoek airport near bags of a German-bound flight. It remains unclear whether a government or other group was testing security.
Germany is on alert because of warnings of heightened terrorism threats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details