Officer arrested, linked to suspect bag: Namibia
Windhoek: Namibia`s police chief says a senior officer has been arrested, linked to a suspicious bag that turned out to be a harmless airport security testing device.
The Namibian Press Association quoted chief Sebastian Ndeitunga as telling reporters on Saturday the suspect has not been charged and will appear in court on Monday. Ndeitunga did not elaborate on what the officer is believed to done. German, American and Namibian police continue to investigate.
The device did not contain explosives, but airport security did not know that when it was discovered on Wednesday at Windhoek airport near bags of a German-bound flight. It remains unclear whether a government or other group was testing security.
Germany is on alert because of warnings of heightened terrorism threats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know