Officials: Iraq bomb injures 24 Pakistani pilgrims
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a roadside bomb blast outside Baghdad has injured 24 Pakistani pilgrims. Their bus overturned as it headed to a Shiite shrine.
Police say the bomb exploded on Sunday evening as the bus was passing by the predominantly Sunni suburb of Saqlawiyah, located 75 kilometers west of Baghdad.
The bus was filled with Pakistani pilgrims who were headed from Syria to the gold-domed shrine to a Shiite imam in the northern Baghdad neighborhood of Kazimiyah.
A medical employee at a nearby hospital says 19 passengers were hurt by the blast, and another five were wounded when the bus overturned.
All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today
- Will Mika Singh's guest appearance on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' cost him 'Comedy Nights LIVE'?