Ohio ex-NASA worker charged over military exports
Cleveland: The US Department of Justice says a former NASA employee in Ohio has been charged with illegally shipping infrared military technology to South Korea.
Sixty-six-year-old Kue Sang Chun of Avon Lake was charged on Monday with one count of exporting defence articles on the US munitions list without getting an export license or written authorisation from the federal government.
Authorities say Chun exported infrared focal-plane array detectors and infrared camera engines.
They say Chun is a former employee at the NASA Glenn Research Centre but is not accused of taking technology from the centre.
He is also charged with making a false individual income tax return.
Chun`s attorney said his client is cooperating with authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi