Ohio ex-NASA worker charged over military exports
Cleveland: The US Department of Justice says a former NASA employee in Ohio has been charged with illegally shipping infrared military technology to South Korea.
Sixty-six-year-old Kue Sang Chun of Avon Lake was charged on Monday with one count of exporting defence articles on the US munitions list without getting an export license or written authorisation from the federal government.
Authorities say Chun exported infrared focal-plane array detectors and infrared camera engines.
They say Chun is a former employee at the NASA Glenn Research Centre but is not accused of taking technology from the centre.
He is also charged with making a false individual income tax return.
Chun`s attorney said his client is cooperating with authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan