Ohio ex-NASA worker charged over military exports
Cleveland: The US Department of Justice says a former NASA employee in Ohio has been charged with illegally shipping infrared military technology to South Korea.
Sixty-six-year-old Kue Sang Chun of Avon Lake was charged on Monday with one count of exporting defence articles on the US munitions list without getting an export license or written authorisation from the federal government.
Authorities say Chun exported infrared focal-plane array detectors and infrared camera engines.
They say Chun is a former employee at the NASA Glenn Research Centre but is not accused of taking technology from the centre.
He is also charged with making a false individual income tax return.
Chun`s attorney said his client is cooperating with authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!