Ohio ex-NASA worker charged over military exports
Cleveland: The US Department of Justice says a former NASA employee in Ohio has been charged with illegally shipping infrared military technology to South Korea.
Sixty-six-year-old Kue Sang Chun of Avon Lake was charged on Monday with one count of exporting defence articles on the US munitions list without getting an export license or written authorisation from the federal government.
Authorities say Chun exported infrared focal-plane array detectors and infrared camera engines.
They say Chun is a former employee at the NASA Glenn Research Centre but is not accused of taking technology from the centre.
He is also charged with making a false individual income tax return.
Chun`s attorney said his client is cooperating with authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday