Ohio killer executed with new lethal drug combo
Lucasville: A condemned killer appeared to gasp several times during his prolonged execution with the first use of a lethal injection process never before tried in the US Dennis McGuire made several loud snorting or snoring sounds during the more than 15 minutes it appeared to take him to die.
It was one of the longest executions since Ohio resumed capital punishment in 1999. McGuire`s stomach rose and fell several times as he repeatedly opened and shut his mouth.
McGuire`s adult children sobbed nearby in a witness room as they watched him die. McGuire was sentenced to die for the 1989 rape and fatal stabbing of a young pregnant woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid
- Focus on defence, security as PM Modi meets Uzbek President