Ohio killer executed with new lethal drug combo
Lucasville: A condemned killer appeared to gasp several times during his prolonged execution with the first use of a lethal injection process never before tried in the US Dennis McGuire made several loud snorting or snoring sounds during the more than 15 minutes it appeared to take him to die.
It was one of the longest executions since Ohio resumed capital punishment in 1999. McGuire`s stomach rose and fell several times as he repeatedly opened and shut his mouth.
McGuire`s adult children sobbed nearby in a witness room as they watched him die. McGuire was sentenced to die for the 1989 rape and fatal stabbing of a young pregnant woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion