Ohio man, 87, skydives to aid sick great-grandson
Waynesville (Ohio): An 87-year-old World War II veteran has parachuted from a plane in Ohio to support his ailing great-grandson.
Clarence Turner of Fairfield made the jump Saturday with an instructor.
He says he wanted to generate attention for the plight of 10-month-old Julian Couch, who suffers from a lung disease that could require a transplant.
WLWT of Cincinnati reports that Julian is hospitalized in Columbus. A fundraiser is planned for June 2.
Turner also made a jump at age 85 to fulfill a goal to experience freefalling and landing as he did in the Army. He served from 1944-47, and his last jump was in Japan.
Turner says he also hopes to someday make a parachute jump at an older age than former President George HW Bush, who`s 88.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you