Ohio shocker: 3 women kidnapped for a decade delivered 5 babies
London: Three women in the United States who were held captive in a dungeon for a decade gave birth to five babies during the ordeal.
Gina DeJesus, 23, Michelle Knight, 30, and Amanda Berry, 26, and her six-year-old daughter fled the house in Cleveland, Ohio.
According to the Mirror, Amanda fled the hell-hole with the help of a hero neighbour before her dramatic 911 call ended the victims` ordeal.
It had been feared that Amanda and the other captives, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight, had been murdered.
After escaping the house on Monday just three miles from where they each went missing between 2002 and 2004, they named their captor as 52-year-old Ariel Castro, who has been taken into custody with his two brothers.
The women were aged between 14 and 22 when they disappeared. Police said that the three women also had `multiple` pregnancies.
There was evidence of as many as five children being born while the women were held hostage.
One of the victims suffered as many as three miscarriages because she was so malnourished.
Reports also told how the women were beaten so badly they lost other babies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'