Oil discovered in Kenya for first time
Nairobi (Kenya): The president of Kenya said
on Monday that oil had been discovered for the first time in his
East Africa nation.
President Mwai Kibaki said that oil was discovered in the
country`s northwest over the weekend.
Kibaki cautioned that commercial viability is still
uncertain. He said it was good news for the country but that
the discovery was the beginning of a long journey before Kenya
could becomes an oil producer.
The discovery was made in Kenya`s Turkana region.
Neighbouring South Sudan and Uganda both have oil industries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery