Oklahoma tornado victim finds her pet dog alive under rubble
Houston: An elderly woman in Oklahoma, whose home was flattened by a killer tornado, has been reunited with her pet dog after the animal was buried under a pile of mangled metal.
Barbara Garcia was clutching the dog in the bathroom of her home in Moore when the monstrous twister ripped through the city yesterday.
After the storm passed, she pulled herself from the wreckage of her house uninjured, but could not find her canine companion until a local TV news team arrived to interview her.
As Garcia calmly described how she escaped from the tornado, a crew member spotted the dog sheltering under a pile of mangled metal.
After coaxing the dog to safety, a tearful Garcia said: "I thought God just answered one prayer, to let me be ok. He answered both of them. This was my second prayer."
As many as 91 people are dead, including 20 children after the 200mph twister flattened two schools and entire neighbourhoods in Moore, a suburb of Oklahoma City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index