Oklahoma tornado victim finds her pet dog alive under rubble
Houston: An elderly woman in Oklahoma, whose home was flattened by a killer tornado, has been reunited with her pet dog after the animal was buried under a pile of mangled metal.
Barbara Garcia was clutching the dog in the bathroom of her home in Moore when the monstrous twister ripped through the city yesterday.
After the storm passed, she pulled herself from the wreckage of her house uninjured, but could not find her canine companion until a local TV news team arrived to interview her.
As Garcia calmly described how she escaped from the tornado, a crew member spotted the dog sheltering under a pile of mangled metal.
After coaxing the dog to safety, a tearful Garcia said: "I thought God just answered one prayer, to let me be ok. He answered both of them. This was my second prayer."
As many as 91 people are dead, including 20 children after the 200mph twister flattened two schools and entire neighbourhoods in Moore, a suburb of Oklahoma City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border