Oklahoma tornado victim finds her pet dog alive under rubble
Houston: An elderly woman in Oklahoma, whose home was flattened by a killer tornado, has been reunited with her pet dog after the animal was buried under a pile of mangled metal.
Barbara Garcia was clutching the dog in the bathroom of her home in Moore when the monstrous twister ripped through the city yesterday.
After the storm passed, she pulled herself from the wreckage of her house uninjured, but could not find her canine companion until a local TV news team arrived to interview her.
As Garcia calmly described how she escaped from the tornado, a crew member spotted the dog sheltering under a pile of mangled metal.
After coaxing the dog to safety, a tearful Garcia said: "I thought God just answered one prayer, to let me be ok. He answered both of them. This was my second prayer."
As many as 91 people are dead, including 20 children after the 200mph twister flattened two schools and entire neighbourhoods in Moore, a suburb of Oklahoma City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials