Olympics: Extra staff to deal with Heathrow strike
London: Britain has put extra staff on standby mode to prevent any chaos as a prominent labour union with considerable presence of immigration officials at airports has scheduled a strike on Wednesday.
The military police, officials and retired immigration staff have been put on standby with the Public and Commercial Services union scheduling a 24-hour walkout tomorrow due to a row over jobs and pay.
Members of the union include immigration officials are posted at Heathrow and other airports.
With the Olympics scheduled to begin on Friday, tomorrow is forecast to be one the busiest days in Heathrow`s history.
The extra staff is on standby to prevent a chaos and for smooth functioning of work on what promises to be a very busy day in London.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?