On his 6th death aniv, Hamas breaks up Arafat memorial in Gaza
Gaza City: A Palestinian lawmaker says
Hamas police have broken up a private screening of a film
about Yasser Arafat on the sixth anniversary of the iconic
Ashraf Jumma says police threatened to seize a screen
and a VCR on Thursday and arrested some of the more than two
dozen attendees. Police also detained journalists, watched
footage from the event and made them promise not to air it.
Hamas officials could not be reached for comment.
Hamas has banned public commemoration of Arafat`s
death since it seized control of Gaza in 2007 from forces
loyal to Arafat`s successor, Palestinian President Mahmoud
In the West Bank, Abbas addressed thousands of
flag-waving supporters near Arafat`s grave, calling for
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!