On his 6th death aniv, Hamas breaks up Arafat memorial in Gaza
Gaza City: A Palestinian lawmaker says
Hamas police have broken up a private screening of a film
about Yasser Arafat on the sixth anniversary of the iconic
Ashraf Jumma says police threatened to seize a screen
and a VCR on Thursday and arrested some of the more than two
dozen attendees. Police also detained journalists, watched
footage from the event and made them promise not to air it.
Hamas officials could not be reached for comment.
Hamas has banned public commemoration of Arafat`s
death since it seized control of Gaza in 2007 from forces
loyal to Arafat`s successor, Palestinian President Mahmoud
In the West Bank, Abbas addressed thousands of
flag-waving supporters near Arafat`s grave, calling for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- What a strong statement! Sushma Swaraj blasts Nawaz Sharif for delusional, dangerous Kashmir dream: READ top quotes
- Setback for Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan for threatening woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?
- Solar Impulse 2 begins its final flight of world tour, heads to Abu dhabi
- 21 patients die on single day in Hyderabad govt hospital, staff blame power outage