On his 6th death aniv, Hamas breaks up Arafat memorial in Gaza
Gaza City: A Palestinian lawmaker says
Hamas police have broken up a private screening of a film
about Yasser Arafat on the sixth anniversary of the iconic
Ashraf Jumma says police threatened to seize a screen
and a VCR on Thursday and arrested some of the more than two
dozen attendees. Police also detained journalists, watched
footage from the event and made them promise not to air it.
Hamas officials could not be reached for comment.
Hamas has banned public commemoration of Arafat`s
death since it seized control of Gaza in 2007 from forces
loyal to Arafat`s successor, Palestinian President Mahmoud
In the West Bank, Abbas addressed thousands of
flag-waving supporters near Arafat`s grave, calling for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security