One Chinese missing after attack in Afghanistan found
One of two Chinese nationals reported missing after an attack in Kabul that left four persons including three Chinese dead, was found safe on Saturday while a search was on for the other.
Beijing: One of two Chinese nationals reported missing after an attack in Kabul that left four persons including three Chinese dead, was found safe on Saturday while a search was on for the other.
The Chinese Embassy in Afghanistan had said two citizens were missing after yesterday`s attack in an apartment building in central Kabul that killed three Chinese citizens, one man and two women.
The body of an Afghan man was also found at the scene of the crime.
The embassy was later quoted by state-run Xinhua news agency as saying that one of the missing persons had been found and taken to a safe place.
According to the embassy, all five Chinese victims are self-employed business people.
An official of the Afghan Interior Ministry described the incident as a criminal act.
"Unidentified armed men sneaked into the apartment of the Chinese nationals in Qalai Fatullah area of the 4th police district on Thursday afternoon, killing four people, including three Chinese and their Afghan guard," the official who refused to be identified told Xinhua.
China`s state-run broadcaster CCTV reported that there were allegations that the Chinese were involved in prostitution, which is prohibited under Afghan law.
The report claimed that the attack was not directed against Chinese nationals, who have been attacked twice in Afghanistan since 2004.
China has urged the Afghan government to take all necessary measures to arrest the attackers and to ensure the safety of its citizens and institutions in Afghanistan.
China has big investments in Afghanistan and is apprehensive about the security situation in the war-torn country ahead of US plans to reduce its military presence next year.