One dead, 1 critically hurt in NYC high-rise fire
New York: Authorities say one person has died and another has been critically injured in a high-rise apartment fire in midtown Manhattan.
Firefighter spokesman Danny Glover said the fire reported to authorities shortly after 11 am (local time) yesterday was in an apartment on the 20th floor of a building at 43rd Street and 10th Avenue.
He says it was brought under control shortly before 1 pm (local time). He says smoke spread to several apartments around the affected apartment. Glover says it was not immediately clear what caused the fire.
He says about 40 units responded to the fire.
Two civilians with critical injuries were taken to separate New York hospitals where police say one of the victims later died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Register your marriage online by paying just Rs 100
- India signs $100 mn loan agreement with World Bank
- Trailer out! Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' will leave you with goosebumps – Watch now
- Rupee free fall continues, plunges 26 paise to 67.75