One dead, 1 critically hurt in NYC high-rise fire
New York: Authorities say one person has died and another has been critically injured in a high-rise apartment fire in midtown Manhattan.
Firefighter spokesman Danny Glover said the fire reported to authorities shortly after 11 am (local time) yesterday was in an apartment on the 20th floor of a building at 43rd Street and 10th Avenue.
He says it was brought under control shortly before 1 pm (local time). He says smoke spread to several apartments around the affected apartment. Glover says it was not immediately clear what caused the fire.
He says about 40 units responded to the fire.
Two civilians with critical injuries were taken to separate New York hospitals where police say one of the victims later died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi