One dead, 34 wounded in Philippines blasts
Manila: One person was killed and 34 were wounded in two grenade blasts in the Philippines, Xinhua reported on Sunday.
At least 32 people were injured when an unidentified assailant lobbed a grenade at a temporary Army detachment late Saturday. The explosive bounced off the outpost`s barricade and hit a gymnasium in Fatima village in Davao city, police said.
The attack took place as villagers were watching a circus performance during a village festival.
Authorities suspect leftist rebels of the New People`s Army could be behind the attack.
Police said the second explosion occurred in Bongbong village in Davao del Norte province.
Ronnie Oracion, 34, died instantly when a grenade he was carrying accidentally fell to the ground and went off. Two others, including a 14-year old boy, were wounded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II