One dead, 34 wounded in Philippines blasts
Manila: One person was killed and 34 were wounded in two grenade blasts in the Philippines, Xinhua reported on Sunday.
At least 32 people were injured when an unidentified assailant lobbed a grenade at a temporary Army detachment late Saturday. The explosive bounced off the outpost`s barricade and hit a gymnasium in Fatima village in Davao city, police said.
The attack took place as villagers were watching a circus performance during a village festival.
Authorities suspect leftist rebels of the New People`s Army could be behind the attack.
Police said the second explosion occurred in Bongbong village in Davao del Norte province.
Ronnie Oracion, 34, died instantly when a grenade he was carrying accidentally fell to the ground and went off. Two others, including a 14-year old boy, were wounded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick