One dead after South Africa university stampede
Johannesburg: Officials at a South African university say one person is dead after prospective students stampeded the campus.
Thousands of young adults and their parents began gathering at the University of Johannesburg campus on Monday to seek admission to the college.
Many had only learned they were eligible for further study after getting results from high school final exams last week.
University of Johannesburg vice chancellor Ihron Rensburg says a mother who had accompanied her son to the campus was killed in the melee. Two others were seriously injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur