One dead, five wounded in vigilante clash in Mexico
Mexico City: One man is dead and five more are wounded following a clash between members of a vigilante "self-defence" group and suspected drug cartel gunmen in western Mexico.
Mexico`s Interior Department said late yesterday the clash occurred earlier that day in the remote mountain township of Aguililla, in western Michoacan state.
The vigilantes were travelling in a pickup truck in an area they do not yet control when they came under fire in an ambush-style attack.
The identities of the attackers remain unclear, but the vigilantes have been fighting the Knights Templar drug cartel. The vigilantes have steadily gained territory from the cartel since residents tired of extortion demands rose up in arms last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users