One dead in Los Angeles hit-and-run case
Los Angeles: One person was killed and about a dozen others were injured after a motorist ploughed his car into a crowd of pedestrians on the popular Venice Beach boardwalk in Los Angeles.
"There was a hit-and-run and the vehicle is in custody," Xinhua quoted Daniel Chun of the Los Angeles Police Department as saying Saturday.
According to the authorities, the driver ditched his car in nearby Santa Monica and fled on foot. A possible suspect had been detained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'