One dead in US Navy helicopter crash
Washington: One crewman died in a hospital and another was missing after a US Navy helicopter crashed Wednesday off the coast in the US state of Virginia.
The dead crewman was one of four crew members who were rescued when the chopper went down about 18 nautical miles (about 33 km) east of Cape Henry, Xinhua quoted the US Coast Guard as saying.
The authorities continued searching for a fifth crew member, who remained unaccounted for. The identities of the five crew members were not released.
US media quoted Naval Air Forces Atlantic as saying that the helicopter is a MH-53E Sea Dragon, which was on a training mission with another helicopter when the accident occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred