One in custody at Miami airport; 4 concourses shut
Miami: Police arrested a passenger after screeners found suspicious luggage at Miami International Airport, prompting evacuations at four of six concourses and diverting flights, federal officials said on Friday.
A bomb squad, federal officials and airport police were on the scene investigating a "suspicious item”, the Transportation and Security Administration (TSA) said in a statement.
Around 9:00 pm on Thursday (0100 GMT Friday), a TSA officer "detected a suspicious item while screening a checked bag”, it added.
"The passenger was located and is now in law enforcement custody."
Terminals E, F, G and H were initially evacuated, while passengers and employees were told to leave the affected area.
The Miami Herald said airport traffic slowed to a crawl. Travellers who could not be picked up by car at the airport instead left the property by foot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok