One in custody at Miami airport; 4 concourses shut
Miami: Police arrested a passenger after screeners found suspicious luggage at Miami International Airport, prompting evacuations at four of six concourses and diverting flights, federal officials said on Friday.
A bomb squad, federal officials and airport police were on the scene investigating a "suspicious item”, the Transportation and Security Administration (TSA) said in a statement.
Around 9:00 pm on Thursday (0100 GMT Friday), a TSA officer "detected a suspicious item while screening a checked bag”, it added.
"The passenger was located and is now in law enforcement custody."
Terminals E, F, G and H were initially evacuated, while passengers and employees were told to leave the affected area.
The Miami Herald said airport traffic slowed to a crawl. Travellers who could not be picked up by car at the airport instead left the property by foot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'