One in seven people think US staged 9/11 attack
London: One in seven people in the US and in Britain think America was itself involved in staging the 9/11 terror attack that left around 3,000 people dead, according to a poll.
A survey, which interviewed 1,000 people in Britain and the same number in the US, found that 14 percent Britons and 15 percent Americans think the US administration was involved in the tragedy, says the Daily Mail.
The polled people were asked: "It is generally accepted that these attacks were carried out by al Qaeda.
However some people have suggested there was a wider conspiracy that included the American government. Do you, yourself, believe that there was a wider conspiracy, or not?"
The belief that there was a conspiracy was more common among younger people, with 24 percent) of 16 to 24-year-olds believing the theory.
However, about two thirds of those polled - 68 percent - said they did not think there was a conspiracy.
The survey was carried out for BBC documentary "The Conspiracy Files - Ten Years On" that studies why so many people believe there is a "darker truth" behind the attack.
It was carried out by Gfk NOP in both the countries through telephone polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why