One in seven people think US staged 9/11 attack
London: One in seven people in the US and in Britain think America was itself involved in staging the 9/11 terror attack that left around 3,000 people dead, according to a poll.
A survey, which interviewed 1,000 people in Britain and the same number in the US, found that 14 percent Britons and 15 percent Americans think the US administration was involved in the tragedy, says the Daily Mail.
The polled people were asked: "It is generally accepted that these attacks were carried out by al Qaeda.
However some people have suggested there was a wider conspiracy that included the American government. Do you, yourself, believe that there was a wider conspiracy, or not?"
The belief that there was a conspiracy was more common among younger people, with 24 percent) of 16 to 24-year-olds believing the theory.
However, about two thirds of those polled - 68 percent - said they did not think there was a conspiracy.
The survey was carried out for BBC documentary "The Conspiracy Files - Ten Years On" that studies why so many people believe there is a "darker truth" behind the attack.
It was carried out by Gfk NOP in both the countries through telephone polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?