One killed, 12 missing in China chemical plant explosion
Beijing: One person was killed and 12 others went missing after an explosion at a chemical plant in northern China on Friday.
The blast took place around 11:25 a.m. At the chemical plant in Hebei province. Thirteen people were working inside the plant at the time of the blast, State-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The blast resulted in the collapse of the roof of the two-story plant. Workshops about 500 meters away from the site of the explosion were also affected with a gate broken and windows shattered.
Investigations into the cause of the accident are underway.
Workplace safety is a major issue in China. Work safety standards in the country lags behind international levels and the rapid growth of the industry has brought increasing challenges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review