One killed, 12 missing in China chemical plant explosion
Beijing: One person was killed and 12 others went missing after an explosion at a chemical plant in northern China on Friday.
The blast took place around 11:25 a.m. At the chemical plant in Hebei province. Thirteen people were working inside the plant at the time of the blast, State-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The blast resulted in the collapse of the roof of the two-story plant. Workshops about 500 meters away from the site of the explosion were also affected with a gate broken and windows shattered.
Investigations into the cause of the accident are underway.
Workplace safety is a major issue in China. Work safety standards in the country lags behind international levels and the rapid growth of the industry has brought increasing challenges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you