One killed, 33 injured in explosion at China restaurant
Beijing: One person was killed and 33 others were injured in an explosion in a restaurant in Hebei Province of northern China on Saturday.
The blast occurred around noon in a two-storey building in Sanhe City, officials said.
The blast blew down walls and shattered windows. Windscreens of cars parked outside the restaurant were cracked, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
An initial investigation showed that a gas leak in the kitchen may have caused the blast, the report said.
The 33 injured, two of them in a serious condition, were taken to nearby hospitals. They are mainly waiters and customers from the restaurant.
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US