One killed, 33 injured in explosion at China restaurant
Beijing: One person was killed and 33 others were injured in an explosion in a restaurant in Hebei Province of northern China on Saturday.
The blast occurred around noon in a two-storey building in Sanhe City, officials said.
The blast blew down walls and shattered windows. Windscreens of cars parked outside the restaurant were cracked, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
An initial investigation showed that a gas leak in the kitchen may have caused the blast, the report said.
The 33 injured, two of them in a serious condition, were taken to nearby hospitals. They are mainly waiters and customers from the restaurant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE 10th result 2016 likely to be declared at 10 am today. Check www.cbse.nic.in, www.cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 result 2016, CBSE X Board Result
- Suspended JDU MLC Manorama Devi's bail plea rejected by Gaya court
- Is it a bubble or a pony? Sunny Leone's latest hairstyle is something to watch out for!
- IPL 2016, KKR vs SRH: Colin Munro's run-out was the turning point of the match, says Gautam Gambhir
- D-St gives thumbs up to 2 years of Modi govt: Sensex tops 26,600-mark; Nifty above 8,100-level