One killed, 33 injured in explosion at China restaurant
Beijing: One person was killed and 33 others were injured in an explosion in a restaurant in Hebei Province of northern China on Saturday.
The blast occurred around noon in a two-storey building in Sanhe City, officials said.
The blast blew down walls and shattered windows. Windscreens of cars parked outside the restaurant were cracked, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
An initial investigation showed that a gas leak in the kitchen may have caused the blast, the report said.
The 33 injured, two of them in a serious condition, were taken to nearby hospitals. They are mainly waiters and customers from the restaurant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das