One killed, five wounded in shooting at US vigil
Oakland (California): Police say a woman was
killed and five teenagers were wounded when gunmen opened fire
on a group of people attending a candlelight vigil for a
homicide victim in Oakland.
Sgt Jim Rullamas told The Oakland Tribune that two men
fired dozens of shots into the crowd of about 30 people
without warning around midnight today.
The victims ranged in age from 14 to 19. Their names have
not been released.
Two of the victims - a 14-year-old girl and a 16-year-old
boy - remain hospitalised.
Rullamas says the group was attending a vigil for
17-year-old Damon Williams in the parking lot of a housing
complex when the shooting occurred. Williams was shot and
killed Monday at a bus stop near a police substation.
Police have arrested 18-year-old Ricardo DePalm on
suspicion of murder in his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents