One killed, five wounded in shooting at US vigil
Oakland (California): Police say a woman was
killed and five teenagers were wounded when gunmen opened fire
on a group of people attending a candlelight vigil for a
homicide victim in Oakland.
Sgt Jim Rullamas told The Oakland Tribune that two men
fired dozens of shots into the crowd of about 30 people
without warning around midnight today.
The victims ranged in age from 14 to 19. Their names have
not been released.
Two of the victims - a 14-year-old girl and a 16-year-old
boy - remain hospitalised.
Rullamas says the group was attending a vigil for
17-year-old Damon Williams in the parking lot of a housing
complex when the shooting occurred. Williams was shot and
killed Monday at a bus stop near a police substation.
Police have arrested 18-year-old Ricardo DePalm on
suspicion of murder in his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed