One killed, five wounded in shooting at US vigil
Oakland (California): Police say a woman was
killed and five teenagers were wounded when gunmen opened fire
on a group of people attending a candlelight vigil for a
homicide victim in Oakland.
Sgt Jim Rullamas told The Oakland Tribune that two men
fired dozens of shots into the crowd of about 30 people
without warning around midnight today.
The victims ranged in age from 14 to 19. Their names have
not been released.
Two of the victims - a 14-year-old girl and a 16-year-old
boy - remain hospitalised.
Rullamas says the group was attending a vigil for
17-year-old Damon Williams in the parking lot of a housing
complex when the shooting occurred. Williams was shot and
killed Monday at a bus stop near a police substation.
Police have arrested 18-year-old Ricardo DePalm on
suspicion of murder in his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more
- New Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India today
- Amit Shah to inaugurate workshop of BJP state core committees
- Samsung likely to launch Tizen powered Z2 smartphone in India today