One killed, five wounded in shooting at US vigil
Oakland (California): Police say a woman was
killed and five teenagers were wounded when gunmen opened fire
on a group of people attending a candlelight vigil for a
homicide victim in Oakland.
Sgt Jim Rullamas told The Oakland Tribune that two men
fired dozens of shots into the crowd of about 30 people
without warning around midnight today.
The victims ranged in age from 14 to 19. Their names have
not been released.
Two of the victims - a 14-year-old girl and a 16-year-old
boy - remain hospitalised.
Rullamas says the group was attending a vigil for
17-year-old Damon Williams in the parking lot of a housing
complex when the shooting occurred. Williams was shot and
killed Monday at a bus stop near a police substation.
Police have arrested 18-year-old Ricardo DePalm on
suspicion of murder in his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan