One killed in blasts in Egypt
Cairo: At least one person was killed and five others were injured Friday in explosions in Egypt, a media report said.
A suicide bomber attacked a security roadblock early Friday in El-Tour, 50 km away from the famous tourist resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, in Egypt`s South Sinai, Xinhua reported citing the state-owned Al-Ahram Arabic website.
The bomber, wearing a belt of explosives, blew himself up at the checkpoint, killing a soldier, Al Ahram quoted security forces as saying.
Another bomb hit a bus in the same area in South Sinai, leaving at least four factory workers injured, said official news agency MENA.
Yet another bomb exploded at a traffic kiosk in the eastern Cairo district of Helipolis in Egypt, causing casualties.
Since the ouster of Islamist president Mohamed Morsi by the army last July, a wave of explosions has hit security men and their premises in the restive Sinai peninsula. Lately, the blasts have occurred in the capital and the Nile Delta cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore