One killed in blasts in Egypt
Cairo: At least one person was killed and five others were injured Friday in explosions in Egypt, a media report said.
A suicide bomber attacked a security roadblock early Friday in El-Tour, 50 km away from the famous tourist resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, in Egypt`s South Sinai, Xinhua reported citing the state-owned Al-Ahram Arabic website.
The bomber, wearing a belt of explosives, blew himself up at the checkpoint, killing a soldier, Al Ahram quoted security forces as saying.
Another bomb hit a bus in the same area in South Sinai, leaving at least four factory workers injured, said official news agency MENA.
Yet another bomb exploded at a traffic kiosk in the eastern Cairo district of Helipolis in Egypt, causing casualties.
Since the ouster of Islamist president Mohamed Morsi by the army last July, a wave of explosions has hit security men and their premises in the restive Sinai peninsula. Lately, the blasts have occurred in the capital and the Nile Delta cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical