One killed in Iran quake
Tehran: One person was killed and 17 were injured while hundreds of homes were destroyed when a 6.2-magnitude earthquake jolted Iran on Saturday, officials said.
The earthquake in Bashagard city of Hormozgan province led to the disruption of water and power networks in the surrounding villages, Hossein Ranjbar, general director of crisis management in the province was quoted as saying by Mehr news agency.
The quake occurred at 06.38 a.m., with the epicenter located in a mountainous area 97 km from Jask city, at a depth of 15 km, the Iranian Seismological Center said.
Another official, Ali Bahrami, told ISNA news agency that some 400 buildings were destroyed in the quake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past