One killed in Syrian raid on Lebanon border town
Beirut: A Syrian was killed and five injured when the Syrian air force raided the outskirts of Lebanon`s eastern Bekaa border town of Arsal, state media said here.
The jets targeted militants in Wadi al-Zumrani, Wadi Ata and Wadi al-Ajram on the outskirts of Arsal and about seven kilometres deep into Lebanese territory, reported Xinhua citing Lebanon`s National News Agency.
Arsal, near the border with Syria, is a Sunni town where residents support the rebels fighting against the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad, and hosts tens of thousands of Syrian refugees.
Ever since the Syrian revolt erupted in March 2011, Arsal has become a key conduit for refugees and wounded people fleeing strife-torn Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- BJP's Yashwant Sinha slams NDA policy towards Pakistan, hints at war-like-situation
- Music-sharing and larger emojis for WhatsApp for iOS soon?
- After Mumbai Indians, Krunal and Hardik Pandya to play for new team
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman