One killed in Syrian raid on Lebanon border town
Beirut: A Syrian was killed and five injured when the Syrian air force raided the outskirts of Lebanon`s eastern Bekaa border town of Arsal, state media said here.
The jets targeted militants in Wadi al-Zumrani, Wadi Ata and Wadi al-Ajram on the outskirts of Arsal and about seven kilometres deep into Lebanese territory, reported Xinhua citing Lebanon`s National News Agency.
Arsal, near the border with Syria, is a Sunni town where residents support the rebels fighting against the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad, and hosts tens of thousands of Syrian refugees.
Ever since the Syrian revolt erupted in March 2011, Arsal has become a key conduit for refugees and wounded people fleeing strife-torn Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof