One killed in Syrian raid on Lebanon border town
Beirut: A Syrian was killed and five injured when the Syrian air force raided the outskirts of Lebanon`s eastern Bekaa border town of Arsal, state media said here.
The jets targeted militants in Wadi al-Zumrani, Wadi Ata and Wadi al-Ajram on the outskirts of Arsal and about seven kilometres deep into Lebanese territory, reported Xinhua citing Lebanon`s National News Agency.
Arsal, near the border with Syria, is a Sunni town where residents support the rebels fighting against the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad, and hosts tens of thousands of Syrian refugees.
Ever since the Syrian revolt erupted in March 2011, Arsal has become a key conduit for refugees and wounded people fleeing strife-torn Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred