One killed, two injured in Malaysia landslide
Kuala Lumpur: One woman was killed and two
other people were injured in a landslide on Sunday at a village
near Malaysia`s Cameron Highlands tourist spot, police said.
A police official said they were looking for survivors
after the landslide buried several houses in a settlement in
the Cameron Highlands tea plantation region, about 300
kilometres (200 miles) north from the capital Kuala Lumpur.
"One villager died while two others have been
hospitalised," the official said, noting that search and
rescue operations were ongoing.
Malaysia has suffered a series of landslide disasters
in past decades.
In May, a landslide slammed into an orphanage in a
rural town just outside Kuala Lumpur, leaving 16 people,
mostly young boys, dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH