One killed, two injured in Malaysia landslide
Kuala Lumpur: One woman was killed and two
other people were injured in a landslide on Sunday at a village
near Malaysia`s Cameron Highlands tourist spot, police said.
A police official said they were looking for survivors
after the landslide buried several houses in a settlement in
the Cameron Highlands tea plantation region, about 300
kilometres (200 miles) north from the capital Kuala Lumpur.
"One villager died while two others have been
hospitalised," the official said, noting that search and
rescue operations were ongoing.
Malaysia has suffered a series of landslide disasters
in past decades.
In May, a landslide slammed into an orphanage in a
rural town just outside Kuala Lumpur, leaving 16 people,
mostly young boys, dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley