One million dollar interview awaits Amanda Knox
London: Amanda Knox, the 24-year-old American found guilty in 2009 of murdering her roommate Meredith Kercher, has a potential 1 million dollar interview waiting to receive her after being cleared of her murder charges.
Knox and her former Italian boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito left prison after four years on Monday when an Italian appeals court cleared them of the 2007 murder of Kercher.
As she was freed, American television networks were engaged in a bidding war, vying for her first interview, the Telegraph reported.
One network was said to have a private jet on standby in Italy to fly her home for a heroine’s welcome.
In Seattle, there were whoops of delight and friends of Knox embraced each other and cheered as the realisation that she was free dawned on them.
Friends say Knox is planning to write a book about her experiences, which would be a lucrative best seller.
There are also expected to be several Hollywood film projects based on her.
She is likely to return to her family home in the quiet Seattle suburb of Arbor Heights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics