One missing in fire in 16-storey building in China
Beijing: Fire raged through an office building in northwest China for a number of hours on Saturday leaving at least one security guard trapped and 16 others hospitalised.
The government of Yan`an, Shaanxi Province, reported that the fire broke out in the 16-storey World Trade Building in the city`s downtown at about 4:30 am local time.
About 50 people staying at a hotel on the upper floors of the building were evacuated.
One of the security guards who helped in the evacuation is missing, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Sixteen people were taken to hospital suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning due to inhalation of smoke, but no one was in life-threatening danger, officials said.
More than 460 firemen and police brought the blaze under control after noon, officials added.
The cause of the fire is being investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Amit Shah questions circumstances behind Syama Prasad Mookerjee's death, accuses Nehru of historic blunder on J&K issue
- SHAMEFUL! Hindu journalist in Pakistan forced to drink from separate glass in office as Muslims raise objections
- Be ready to tackle floods, Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik's message to administration
- Watch: AR Murugadoss introduces action avatar of Sonakshi Sinha in 'Akira'
- Style queen Kangana Ranaut stuns in Grazia India's 100th issue cover! - Pics inside