One missing in fire in 16-storey building in China
Beijing: Fire raged through an office building in northwest China for a number of hours on Saturday leaving at least one security guard trapped and 16 others hospitalised.
The government of Yan`an, Shaanxi Province, reported that the fire broke out in the 16-storey World Trade Building in the city`s downtown at about 4:30 am local time.
About 50 people staying at a hotel on the upper floors of the building were evacuated.
One of the security guards who helped in the evacuation is missing, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Sixteen people were taken to hospital suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning due to inhalation of smoke, but no one was in life-threatening danger, officials said.
More than 460 firemen and police brought the blaze under control after noon, officials added.
The cause of the fire is being investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon