One missing in fire in 16-storey building in China
Beijing: Fire raged through an office building in northwest China for a number of hours on Saturday leaving at least one security guard trapped and 16 others hospitalised.
The government of Yan`an, Shaanxi Province, reported that the fire broke out in the 16-storey World Trade Building in the city`s downtown at about 4:30 am local time.
About 50 people staying at a hotel on the upper floors of the building were evacuated.
One of the security guards who helped in the evacuation is missing, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Sixteen people were taken to hospital suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning due to inhalation of smoke, but no one was in life-threatening danger, officials said.
More than 460 firemen and police brought the blaze under control after noon, officials added.
The cause of the fire is being investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands