One missing in fire in 16-storey building in China
Beijing: Fire raged through an office building in northwest China for a number of hours on Saturday leaving at least one security guard trapped and 16 others hospitalised.
The government of Yan`an, Shaanxi Province, reported that the fire broke out in the 16-storey World Trade Building in the city`s downtown at about 4:30 am local time.
About 50 people staying at a hotel on the upper floors of the building were evacuated.
One of the security guards who helped in the evacuation is missing, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Sixteen people were taken to hospital suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning due to inhalation of smoke, but no one was in life-threatening danger, officials said.
More than 460 firemen and police brought the blaze under control after noon, officials added.
The cause of the fire is being investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB