One mn people expected for Pope`s inauguration mass
Rome: Over a million people are expected in Rome for the enthronement of Pope Francis next week, the Italian capital`s top government representative said.
"We are taking measures to accommodate over a million people next Tuesday (March 19) for Pope Francis`s enthronement," said Giuseppe Pecoraro, the prefect of Rome.
March 19 is the day when Catholics celebrate the Feast of St. Joseph to honour Jesus`s father on earth, the carpenter Joseph. It is also Father`s Day in Italy.
Around 100,000 people are expected to fill St. Peters` Square Sunday when Francis is due to hold a mass and deliver the traditional Angelus prayer.
Argentine Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio was elected Pope Francis, reportedly with more than 90 votes out of 115.
He succeeded Benedict XVI, who abdicated at the end of February aged 85, saying failing physical and mental vigour made him unfit to continue to lead the world`s 1.2 billion Catholics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic